Friday, August 14, 2009

The Golden Ticket To Annasophia Robb

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
July 11, 2005
The Golden Ticket To Annasophia Robb
TFK spoke with the actress about her role in the remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Annasophia Robb plays the gum-chewing,lip-smacking Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which opened July 15. But although bratty Violet is a highly competitive character, she'd probably lose any competition against Annasophia herself.

At age 11, Annasophia has proven that she is extremely multitalented. She has already starred in Because of Winn-Dixie, played Samantha in American Girl Holiday and is a trained dancer of the Irish jig. Annasophia took some time out of her busy schedule to chat with TFK about acting, reading and her favorite candy.

Freddie Highmore (left), AnnaSophia Robb and Johnny Depp (second from right) are among the movie's stars.
TFK: Did you read the Roald Dahl book Charlie and the Charlie Factory before you decided to act in this movie?
Annasophia: I did. It's one of my favorite books.

TFK: What do you think about making a movie that is based on a book?
Annasophia: I think it's a great idea. When you are reading a book, you have it envisioned in your mind. And then all of the sudden it pops up on screen where you can watch it and it will just become bigger than life and really amazing.

TFK: Have you seen the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie? Did you like it?
Annasophia: Yes I did. But this one is going to be really close to the book.

TFK: Do you think that is a good thing?
Annasophia: I think it is a good thing. I think it should fun to see how Tim Burton does it. He really has a feel for Roald Dahl. He has his specific sense and how he made it seems good.

Willy Wonka and friends stroll through the chocolate room.
TFK: What was the set like on this movie?
Annasophia: They had this lime green glass that was everywhere. It was a lot of fun to walk on. And then they had all of these candy trees that had lollipops and one that looked like a willow tree but it was growing candy apples. And then there were big pumpkins filled with jellybeans and marshmallow treats and all sorts of different incredible stuff. And it really looked like actual real candy. Like some odd yummy stuff.

TFK: What is the hardest thing about your job as an actor?
Annasophia: I think the hardest part about being an actor is getting into the character or the role. You have to find that place in yourself and just go to it. It wasn't that hard to portray Violet. Not that I'm like her, but I know what it would be like to be a mean girl. And I like to chew gum.

TFK: What is it like working with Johnny Depp?
Annasophia: It felt like being around someone who you really enjoy. Johnny is a very, very, cool, kind man. And he has this wonderful energy around him that makes everyone calm.

TFK: What do you think kids will like best about this movie?
Annasophia: Even if a kid didn't like candy, the sets were pretty amazing. I've never seen anything like it. And the story too. It's such a great story.

TFK: What is your favorite book?
Annasophia: My favorite books are the Harry Potter books. They are probably my favorite. I love them. I love the adventures. And the Roald Dahl books. Those are good too.

TFK: Is there any other actor that you'd really like to work with?
Annasophia: Probably Hilary Swank, Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep. Those are the big ones.

TFK: What is your favorite sweet treat or chocolate?
Annasophia: I love chocolate. I love gum. I love licorice. I love gumdrops. I love just about any kind of candy there is.


By Allison Berliner

No comments:

Post a Comment